Fun Facts About Potatoes
There are few vegetables more versatile than the humble potato. They are popularly used in a variety of cuisines, yet despite being delicious fried, baked, or boiled, they rarely get the appreciation they deserve. The following are some interesting facts about potatoes.
- Just one serving of potatoes have 12% of the fiber we need every day.
- Potato skins contain fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, zinc, phosphorus and B vitamins. That's why it's best to eat potatoes with their skins!
- One medium potato has almost three times more potassium than a medium orange.
- If you eat potatoes regularly, you ensure a good supply of water and ions in your body. This is because potato is rich in potassium.
- Potatoes are known for the large amounts of Vitamin C in them.